Preparation


Preparation is the most important part of any decorating project. It has been said that preparation work is 70% with the actual task of decorating being the remaining 30% We believe that a good finish is not only down to the decorator but the effort that goes into the preparation. From high pressure rinses or mechanically sanding surfaces. This all helps to give the longevity and the desired superior finish.

Interior Painting


We cover all aspects of interior painting and decorating, whether it be adding a splash of colour in the basement or re painting kitchen units, we have it covered. We understand that when our customers open their doors to us we have a duty of care to respect the privacy and cleanliness of the residents and their property alike.

Interior Painting


We cover all aspects of interior painting and decorating, whether it be adding a splash of colour in the basement or re painting kitchen units, we have it covered. We understand that when our customers open their doors to us we have a duty of care to respect the privacy and cleanliness of the residents and their property alike.

Exterior Painting


A house is a home and with that in mind it needs to look good on the outside as well as inside. A clean finish is fundamental to the up keep of the property – keeping the damp out and the warm in!

We work closely with the Islands leading scaffold companies. We can supply static or mobile scaffold or our own mobile hoist for the hard to reach areas.

Wallpapering


Wallpapering takes skill and experience to achieve a great finish. Our team have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to giving advice and fitting the right paper. From fabric wall coverings & printed murals to preparatory papers we can fit it!

We also offer free measures for all accepted work. We can supply you with a choice of papers or you may have bought a paper and only need it us to hang it.

Wallpapering


Wallpapering takes skill and experience to achieve a great finish. To achieve this all walls are filled up and then sanded down. Then a coat of wallpaper size is applied to the walls and allowed to dry. Then you plan where to start, on a feature wall I always start in the middle of the wall and wallpaper outwards this allows when finishing each side of the wall will have the same pattern and look even. When wallpapering a whole room I start behind a door or a chimney breast. Using a laser level to ensure you have a perfect straight line to start wallpapering from, all lengths of wallpaper are matched perfectly so no joins are seen.

Commercial & Industrial


As the largest painting and decorating contractors on the Island we can cope with any size of project. In the past we have decorated the Great Laxey Wheel - the world’s largest water wheel, entire housing estates, Strand Shopping Centre, Ramsey Swing Bridge and the complete exterior of Ronaldsway Airport to name a few.

Buchanan & Pitts have the experience and knowhow to specify the correct product and procedure for the task in hand.

Speciality Wood Grain & Signwriting


Some say that graining and sign writing is a dying art. We disagree – for us this is part of our heritage and should be embraced. Refurbishment of the Isle of Man Steam, Electric & Snaefell Railways rolling stock is part of our day today work. This includes signwriting and lining out of trams or a train carriages. We have decorators who carry these works out on the Island.

Like many residents of the Island we pride ourselves in our history. From signwriting doors at the Gaiety Theatre or refurbishing the Great Camera Obscurer these projects are more than just a job to us.

Speciality Wood Grain & Signwriting


Some say that graining and sign writing is a dying art. We disagree – for us this is part of our heritage and should be embraced. Refurbishment of the Isle of Man Steam, Electric & Snaefell Railways rolling stock is part of our day today work. This includes signwriting and lining out of trams or a train carriages. We have decorators who carry these works out on the Island.

Like many residents of the Island we pride ourselves in our history. From signwriting doors at the Gaiety Theatre or refurbishing the Great Camera Obscurer these projects are more than just a job to us.

Health & Safety


With fully trained CITB and IOSH staff members you can be sure that your work will be carried out using the most up to date health and safety practices. Below are a number of training accreditations held within the company.

  • IPAF up to 26 meters – Self Propelled Boom and Scissor Lift.
  • NPORS – Sign Light and Guarding
  • Asbestos Awareness
  • First Aid
  • Working at Height
  • Abrasive Wheels
  • IOSH Working Safely
  • IOSH Managing Safely
  • CITB Site Manger

We believe that the safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees is paramount. We carry out regular site visits and provide Risk Assessments, Methods Statements & COSHH Assessments.